- Go to : https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/MedicalProviders/EDI/medi/Pages/default.aspx it will direct you to the main page.
- Click Medi Login and type the details required. It will direct you to this page below:
- Click: Internet Electronic Claim System (IEC)
- After clicking the Internet Electronic System (IEC).
- Click the drop down for Provider ID and NPI. Begin & End date is the (DOS) date of service. CSRs can use the consumer’s Recipient ID number then hit Submit. (IF Recipient ID is unavail, we can use SSN + DOB or Fullname + DOB then hit Submit.
- It will direct you to another page. (See Below) The eligibility page will show all the necessary information like if consumers eligibility. Medicare Number and other insurances and MCO if avail.
Look at the boxed result below Coverage Details.
Example of results that have a good results.
- For the date(s) of service entered, the client is eligible for medical benefits.
Case Type: MEDICAID ELIGIBLE, FULL COVERAGE
Case Type: QMB/MEDICAID DUAL ELIGIBLE, MEDICARE PRIMARY
Example of not good results.
- For the date(s) of service entered, the client is eligible for Medicare primary services. The recipient is not eligible for medical benefits due to unmet spend down.
Case Type: QMB/MEDICAID SPENDDOWN UNMET. MEDICARE PRIMARY
**if you see a note that says anything about Assisted Living Facility or Long Term Facility, send a chat to someone from the morning shift so we can call the customer and verify if they are in a facility**