When and why do we follow up on consumers regarding AOB?
Before the first order goes out each month,CSRs review the consent form and its importance with the patient. After the order was delivered CSR’s should then follow up with the consumer to ensure that the consent form is sent back in a timely fashion. As a courtesy, CSRs should NOT contact the consumer regarding the consent form until the patient has had the order in their possession for 2 DAYS.
- To know the status of the consent form
- (Ex: Consumer mailed it last week, consumer misplaced it, etc.)
- Inform the patient of the reasons why we need the consent form back.
- That they cannot receive another order until the consent form is received.
- We cannot bill the insurance company for their supplies, until the consent form is received.
BEFORE making the follow up call to the consumer, the representative should complete the following steps:
- Pull the consumer up by their customer ID number.
- Check on the status of the consent form.
- ALWAYS read the notes before calling the consumer
Whenever a representative creates a note in the system concerning the consent form they should follow the guidelines listed below:
- CALLER: Who you spoke with
- TOPIC: AOB FU
- NOTE: What happened on the call
- Ex: the consumer mailed it 5/6
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
When making the actual follow up call to the consumer CSRs, CSRs should remember the following:
- To speak clearly & slowly so that the patient will understand.
- Keep in mind that a majority of MSI’s consumers are elderly and may be hard of hearing.
- If a consumer asks a representative to speak up, please do so. It may seem as though you are shouting into the phone, but depending on the consumer you may have to speak at that volume to be heard.